Thursday, March 31, 2016

El Cazador de la Bruja - Anime Review

Hello everyone ! Here I am with the review of the anime El Cazador de la Bruja. Here we go !


Story: 6.5

The idea for the plot is very interesting and I truly liked it. The problem, though, is the execution. Because of a weak approach and disorganized division of the story development, it becomes somewhat like a roller coaster, showing some episode sequences exploring a lot and right after a hiatus that brings a feeling that something is missing. Hence, the result is sort of average.

Characters: 8.0

The greatest pillar, I'd say. The anime is focused on developing and exploring interactions between the characters, mainly Ellis and Nadie (of course). The friendship built up and its cuteness are the key factor, as well as some conflicts that, eventually, take place. For me, that was the biggest reason to keep watching the anime.

Song Themes: 8.5

The opening is great ! Happy, good melody and vocals, definately worth it ! The ending, on the other hand, is good but still less interesting than the opening, I should say. Concluding, the themes overall is rather good. Additionaly, since I paid some attention to the ost , I added some more points (0.5, if you're that curious!) to the score. After all, the soundtrack is great and I enjoyed it a lot !

Design: 7.0

Not that gorgeous but definitely not bad at all, for sure. I consider it good enough for the anime. For instance, it was harmful for no scene. It's also important to highlight that El Cazador was produced in 2007. So, for an 'old' anime, the graphics are actually pretty decent and the characters desing is nice. (Plus, Ellis, Nadie and Lirio are very cute !)

Beggining: 4.5

That's a very slow-start anime. The beggining is used to show the personalities of the characters and start building a relation between Nadie and Ellis. In other words, it's boring. I think the main reason for this is that the story is almost unexplored in these initial phases, leaving only two more options to keep the audience captivated: the characters interaction, that doesn't help much considering you don't even know them yet; and the funny parts (thank god they exist!).  The comedy scenes are, basically, the only thing that draws attention, at least in these early moments.

Evolution: 6.5

The middle part is somewhat better than the slow-paced start, but still lacks something. Thankfully, by now Ellis and Nadie's friendship is good and the story is sligthly developed, making it more interesting. The episodes are way more enjoyable to watch, but there is no boom, you know(?). I mean, there's nothing huge that sets fire to the whole thing and make you wonder "what's next??!!". For this reason, I don't consider this 'igniteless' evolution to be the best one ever.

Ending: 7.0

As the final episodes arrive, the anime becomes increasingly intense. Nadie and Ellis meet Lirio and Ricardo every episode to fight or kill someone (they're bounty hunters, after all) and that's something I totally liked ! L.A. dies for my astonihsment (I thought he would either live until the end or kill ricardo in that fight). The episode before the last is still unknown for me, like, seriously! Things happened in such a weird way that I'm not sure if I understood something. Even though I recongnize I'm extremely dumb, I strill think they ended it unclearly ! Anyway, the ending was the best part, considering the focus on the story and the tension between the episodes.

Average: 7.3

So, doing the math, the average rate is 6.9, but disconsidering its bad beggining the average got to 7.3 stars, pretty decent for this anime !

Final Comments:

I clearly pointed out many flaws of this anime and for me, the biggest one is the bad exploration of the story. For a long time, I developed no interest for El Cazador in the early episodes, but heading towards the tenth episode, it started getting interesting and very funny. After, I don't know, episodes 16 or 17, it got really exciting to watch because the story sort of funnels into a very fast evolution and, finally, its ending. What I was looking forward to seeing, after I found myself into the anime, were the cute and funny moments that Nadie and Ellis shared and I absolutely love the way they are haha ! Every episode was one more opportunity to laugh because the format chosen is an independent-episode style (one small sidestory that is concluded within the duration of a single episode). I can tell you all that, for me, this anime was completely worth it, even though it is far from perfection !

That's all I have to say about El Cazador de la Bruja, a slow but very enjoyable, funny and cute anime ! Hope you guys liked this review jus like I did! In case you have a any questions or want to say your opinion about it, agreeing or disagreeing with mine, feel free to say it in the comments section below ! Just remember, please, be nice with your words ! Gotta go, bye bye everyone !

No comments:

Post a Comment