Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Akikan ! - Anime Review

Hi everyone ! So, today I'm reviewing Akikan ! Hope you enjoy !


Story: 5.5


So, hm, err... it's about steel and aluminum cans fighting to prove which can is the best, hence Japan gets to know what type of can is the best to be produced... Yeah, weird as hell. But seriously, this is not the problem. The actual problem is that the story is not deep nor is it explored. Maybe it is because their focus is the ecchi or the comedy, not the story. Anyways, it's somewhat a decent idea, but, just as I said, they didn't work properly on it.

Characters: 8.5


Okay, so this is the best part of the anime, without any doubt. Almost all the characters play a very important role in the anime. Daichi is just insanely funny (AND HE'S GOT SHINRA'S VOICE), Yell's naiveness is funny (plus her cat behavior xD), Kochikaze is a fucking WITCH and also loves throwing cards at Kakeru, Airin-kun (Kizaki desu!) and Otoya are also enjoyable to watch and at last but not least we have Amaji Gorou, aka Gigolo ! He is probably the second best character (loses to Daichi because of Shinra's voice hehe), I love how he is completely ignored, how he gets screwed all the time and he's also sort of cute trying to tell Kochikaze he likes her. These guys just make the anime sort of worth it !

Song Themes: 4.7



Okay, the first opening is ok, I give it a 5. The second one, though, is pretty good, kinda happier, so I give it a 7. The endings, on the other hand, are very annoying. The songs are not that bad but that childish voice, I just can't stand it ! Therefore, a 2 should be more than a fair grade for the ending themes. I'm also being (very) kind and making this average as the sum of these and dividing them by three, instead of making an average of the op and then a another average. 

Design: 6.5


Decent all around. Nothing special yet nothing that bad.

Beggining: 6.0


So, since it's not a story-oriented anime, I'm considering basically the funniness (don't know if that's a real word but wtvr). The start is not that slow, but not that quick as well. I think it's decent, considering it depens 'only' on the comedy of the show.

Evolution: 6.5



Again, the story evolution is very light. What evolves more is the connection or the liking towards the characters, so, since it grows a little, I think so should the grade.

Ending: 7.0


Pretty much the same with the Evolution section. I thought the last two episodes would go a little emotional, you know. I really hoped so. But then they say that the badass akikan's owner is a fucking cat. C'mon ... Anyways, they kept their 'comedy promess' to this anime until the very end. It was still fun, so whatever. 

Average: 7.0


Considering the themes, it's a 6.4. Disconsidering it, it's a 6.7, so it's still fine. For me though, it deserves a 7 for it's really funny after all.

Final Comments:


So, the ecchi style is not my favorite one and this anime focus a little on it, so it's kinda bad. Plus, as I've mentioned, the story is not explored decently. Nevertheless, the comedy is very entertaining and, since it's a 12 episode anime, it's enough to cover the story and ecchi problems. Maybe if it was a 24 ep one, it wouldn't be that worth it, but maybe not, cause it was really funny to watch it! haha I surely liked it much more because the main character is dubbed by the same voice actor as Shinra xDD and also cause he's very lively, so I was able to hear Shinra's voice in tons of different situations xD ! Summing up, it was very enjoyable for me, but I wouldn' t recomend it that much, unless you like ecchi's, Shinra's voice and/or comedy animes.

Oh, I forgot to mention the most important ! I was wondering what anime I could watch, being one that I wasn't planning to, so I just wnet for a random anime generator website and got this anime. LMAO I would not watch it cause it was eechi and looked very forced (and it is) but after I saw that Shinra was the main character I decided to give it a try ! Also, it made me learn that he also voices Libertà, from Arcana Famiglia, so I have to thank Akikan for some info too.

That's it for today ! Have a nice time and see you another time ! Bye !




No comments:

Post a Comment